What Is Sadness?
Sadness is a normal feeling we all have. It is a natural reaction to difficult situations. Everyone feels sad occasionally.
Sadness can be from many things, like losing something/someone, someone hurting your feelings, or being left out. It could be from things going wrong or something you love gets broken or ruined. It could be from watching a sad movie or video, too.
You need to deal with it in a healthy way.
What Does It Feel Like?
Sadness can feel like:
- You need to cry or have a lump in your throat
- Hurt feelings
- Your body is heavy
- You are tired
- You are upset
- You are unhappy
- A low mood
What Can You Do to Feel Better?
Feeling sad is okay. We just need to find a way to feel our feelings and deal with them in a healthy way.
Things you can do:
- Take some slow deep breaths
- Read a book
- Watch a funny video
- Draw/write it out
- Get active
- Name your feelings and talk to someone about them
- Think of things which make you happy
- Take a break from technology
- Be nice to yourself and others
- Talk to someone
- Cuddle a pet
- Go for a walk
- Listen to music
- Do something kind for someone else