Grounding helps to bring us to the present moment.
- Darth Vader breathing. Take a deep, slow breath through your nose. Breathe out through your mouth like Darth Vader. Not a Star Wars fan? That’s okay! Breathe out with a great big sigh. Repeat 5 times.
- Put your feet flat on the floor. Imagine growing roots into the ground. Wiggle your toes. Do this several times. Notice how your feet feel.
- Stomp your feet 5 times. Notice how your feet and legs feel.
- Make a fist 10 times. Notice how your hands feel.
- Press your hands together. Count to 10. Notice how your arms and hands feel.
- Rub your hands together. Try fast and slow. Notice the sound and feelings in your hands.
- Reach your hands up to the sky. Count to 10. Notice how the stretch feels.
- Take 5 more Darth Vader or sighing breaths.